New Member Orientation
[ ] Sign waivers and rights and responsibilities
[ ] Provide copies of policy docs
[ ] Provide copies of anti-harassment policy
- What is this place: A member-run community workshop.
- The board makes sure we can be in business. The rules and operational details come from members.
- Be excellent to each other
- Be proactive (just do it)
- A member must be 18 or older, with dues paid
- Membership gives you 24-7 access to the space
- Membership lets you vote in important matters, such as our branding color scheme
- You must be trained before using any equipment: training schedules are on the calendar
- Members may have guests in the space: guests must sign waivers and cannot use equipment
- Members may host events in the space, but are responsible for all guests and must remain in the space for the duration of the event and clean up/lock up
- Board member phone numbers are on the blackboard; do text if there is a problem/concern
- Explain tool safety training and scheduling: scheduled trainings appear on our calendar
- Don't loan out your key fob
- Don't be by yourself when using restricted list
- Location of fire extinguishers, exits, eye wash, first aid kit etc
- You are not obligated to let people in without access cards or give unscheduled tours.
- Book Library (please use, but don't take things home)
- Consumables are your responsibility
- Clean up after yourself
- Leave things so that others can use them without having to reset first
- Lockers are available at no charge if you need them
- In-progress projects can be left out as long as they are not a safety hazard or preventing the use of equipment. Label them with your name and the date.
- Trash should be emptied when full
- Lock-up procedures
- Visually check that you are alone in the space.
- Ensure back door is locked. It locks automatically, check that it is shut.
- Turn thermostat off.
- Turn lights off.
[ ] Show toilet paper / paper towels / trash bag location
[ ] Demonstrate Slack, and encourage its use.
[ ] Remind members that the orientation documents are on the wiki
[ ] Set up RFID tag