- Ria Selvaggio
- Joe Sheehan
- Brian Ramsay
- Jess Estridge
- Leah Adams
Purpose: To determine the critical steps for signing a lease on the Hays location, without creating future barriers.
Process: Engage in discussion to answer the questions.
Important point that we haven't discussed. We need a member agreement before we can sign up member!
How should we proceed with collecting membership dues?
- We should start with a bank account.
Make sure that the bank that we choose has software integration abilities. Leah
- Brian will call Erin Porter & other banks to see if we can have a simpler process than what Amanda C offered.
- Want the solution to be as simple as possible. = not transferring money between accounts if possible.
- Start with membership platform we intend to use. Migrating is painful and you lose folks along the way.
Is it time to crowd source funding?
- Yes it's time to do this
- Joe will create a channel to discuss the specifics. -Leah will be the point person.
- That role does the board play?
- To not lose the nonprofit status.
- Should we have the board on the website? Yes but under the financial section, the faces on the site should be member roles.
- Have annual meeting, have bylaws, have at least 3 members, Have term limits, & etc.
- How many directors on board?
- Start with 5 because we have volunteers. Stay above 3 so we can afford to lose one. Check with Meg too -Joe
Weekly meeting time?
- Start a slack conversation around a standing meeting time.
- Evenings preferable for Jess. Weekday evenings are challenging for Brian, Leah, Joe
When to celebrate our accomplishments?
- Just us. Schedule on Slack.
- Have a transparent process on the website for potential members to see.
- Send communication to everyone on email list. Brian will post to FB groups.
- Advertise an open house for after we sign the lease in the announcement email/post.
- Being on Facebook is important. Maybe a locked down FB Page so we can post events/be found.
- Members on Slack/emailing from Wild Apricot/mail Chimp & etc.
- Do we want to host a larger, not necessarily member, community so they can share resources? -Not much interests, Jess says it's not worth it. Slack works for Kre8now's members.
- Leah is volunteering to do book keeping.
- We want folks to pay with credit card default recurring.
- Codify operations to make more consistent.
- Define “Founding Member”