8/16/19 Berea Makerspace Board Meeting
Present: Ria, Brian, Meg, Joe
Tuesday member meeting debrief
• Most members came, a few new folks signed up! • Folks and members had really good questions. • Bring more forms! • Work on the format of the meeting and get info to members beforehand.
Strategize about move
• Not everything • All the surfaces (including the ones that were already in the Broadway space) • Lockers • Whiteboard • Some Bookshelves • Brian's woodworking equipment • Strider's couch • Blueprint trays
• Laura and Michelle would like to be on the fun/atmosphere committee. • Kids area out in the open
Update from Brian
• Still bugging Mike about quote for electricity, ventilation, and door frame alterations.
Strategize about grants:
• PWA - electrical, timing should work to reimburse • Gift from Mitchael - Electricity ($2000) - Ventilation ($500) - Door lock ($300), Fire rating ($120), Separation wall and ducting. • City grant- Is purchase time restricted. Safety, and cool new equipment (Sawstop, dust collection? • Park - Ventilation ($500)-Door lock ($300)- Fire rating building codes upgrade ($220)
• Ria mentioned photo booth for product pictures that she wants to donate. • Brian had a question about the ease of using Brian's table saw. • Brian? Ask Andy about being on the safety board. • Ria mentioned Himalayan salt lamps. • Joe will investigate internet service cost. • Ria will ask Rodney Short about sponsoring internet • Have a grand opening to invite funders/community leaders in.
board_-_8.16.2019.txt · Last modified: 2019/08/22 09:21 by joe